Saturday, February 11, 2012

Happy birthday baby brother!

My baby brother is turning 22 today!  We've been through a lot together, starting from before he was born and I told everyone that when he arrived I was going to put him in a box and ship him to Uruguay (true story).  I also took him to preschool as my show-and-tell item when he was only a couple months old.  Don't worry, our mom was there, too.

Amusing ourselves on a road trip in 2007--too cool for school!

Since then, there have been art projects, movie nights, singing together, bonding over how tough it is to be a teenager, and lots of fights.  But we still like each other!

David and I haven't been able to see each other as much as I'd like over the last couple of years, since I've lived all over the place and he's mostly lived in the middle of nowhere on the side of a mountain in West Virginia.  And he's moving to Alaska in May!  That's really far.  But we've made good use of the phone and always take time out together when we do find ourselves in Virginia at the same time.  And he's coming to visit us here in Minneapolis next weekend!  Woohoo!

He used to be very small!


So until then, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVID!  I'm lucky you're my brother!

Handsome and happy!
Photo credit: Laura McHenry (from Facebook)

No comments: